Samstag, 26. September 2009

Friday as first day at work? Priceless..

Thanks again for this hint! Only one day and I need already a whole weekend to recover from my first day at work. Nevertheless, it was very interesting to get to know the current status.

As aftertaste I got homework to do over the weekend: "Decide either for job security OR for fun project with all creativity and freedom to live it out". Great! For someone like me, considering since arrival of re-booking my flight to a date as early as possible - of course, I will vote for the fun and creativity! But it is challenging. After all, what I got as information, yesterday, it seems, that we are struggling with a future road map. The company is open to pretty much everything, if this can raise its price.
The two options, I mentioned above, result from the fact, that our main customer wants to let us proceed with the on-going projects, but on the same side does not want to support us fully, in the close future. Of course. This makes sense. But as consequence most likely, those who opt in for that, will be bought up and hired by our main customer directly. The rest of the company needs to define the future road map and must see to generate some revenue until a nice investor sees the company's potential and buys it.

Any of the above cases kind of sucks, but who likes to be confronted with hard reality, anyway. Finally, it is turning out as expected by me, long time ago.

When thinking through this, I am really clear in my decision: Enough of boredom. I want the fun! At least I can learn quite a bit and will take my new skills with me when finally returning home to my city. :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen